Speech Treatment for Parkinson Disease: The Science and Practice of LSVT LOUDŽ
You are invited to attend a two-hour interactive symposium on speech disorders and speech treatment for people with Parkinson disease (PD).
This symposium is FREE so it is a wonderful opportunity for people with PD, family members and friends, and other healthcare professionals who want to learn more about speech and PD to attend.
The symposium will include a 1-hour lecture presented by world experts in speech treatment for people with Parkinson disease. This lecture will be followed by an interactive session where participants with Parkinson disease are invited to interact with speech clinicians practicing vocal exercises (this is optional for participants).
This symposium is offered FREE OF CHARGE, registration is limited.
|Where:||Gibney Dance Center
890 Broadway – Fifth Floor
New York, NY 10003
Click here for a map and directions
|When:||Saturday, August 9, 2015
12:00 – 1:00 p.m. Lecture and refreshments
1:00 – 2:00 p.m. Interactive Voice Exercise Session (Optional)
|RSVP:||Please RSVP to LSVT Global at:
Toll Free: 1-888-438-5788 Direct: 1-520-867-8838 Fax: 1-520-867-8839
Visit our website at www.lsvtglobal.com for more information
At least 89% of individuals with Parkinson disease (PD) have a speech or voice disorder which can negatively impact quality of life. This presentation will:
1) Present the background and motivation for voice treatment in Parkinson disease.
2) Describe the creation of an efficacious treatment, LSVT LOUD and efficacy data.
3) Report on unexpected outcomes and discoveries.
4) Discuss application of principles of LSVT to intensive whole body amplitude-based training protocol for individuals with Parkinson disease (LSVT BIG®).
5) Demonstrate innovative technology to enhance accessibility of treatment for all people with PD who can benefit.
This research was funded, in part, by the National Institutes of Health and Michael J. Fox Foundation.
Click for a printer friendly version